Vegetarian lunches are probably one the easiest meals to make and a healthy meal choice any time. There are so many options that come together quickly and easily to make quick lunches whenever you need them. Here are a few suggestions for simple vegetarian meals.
These easy lunch recipes require only a few ingredients and minimal preparation for quick meal planning.
• Plain yogurt (regular or soy) mixed with cut up fresh fruit pieces and chopped nuts served with whole grain crackers or toasted bread slices
• Steamed edamame beans combined with chopped red bell peppers, jicama cubes and black olives tossed in an olive oil vinaigrette served along with a small bowl of cooked rice drizzled with some soy sauce and lemon juice
• Cooked vegetarian burgers or hotdogs served on whole grain buns with your favorite toppings (mustard, ketchup, sliced pickles, tomato slices, cheese, etc.) and served along with steamed vegetables of choice dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
• For a quick salad meal, try cutting up the cooked vegetarian burger or hotdog into pieces and add to some mixed salad greens, pickle slices, diced tomatoes, and some shredded cheese (cheddar or Swiss are good choices) and toss with Italian dressing and serve with a cup of soup on the side.
• Vegetarian cheese sandwich (top cheese with sprouts, thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and thinly sliced avocado) and serve with a bowl of vegetable soup
• Here is a simple vegetarian lunch wrap sandwich. Thinly slice some button mushrooms and toss with a little low-sodium soy sauce, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes or so. Take a soft tortilla shell and spread with some whipped cream cheese spread or hummus, top with the mushroom mixture (allow the excess liquid to drain off before putting in the tortilla shell), a sprinkling of vegetarian bacon bits, fresh sprouts, and thin slices of avocado. Fold up the bottom of the tortilla and then fold in the sides to close and serve this easy wrap sandwich with a side of frozen and thawed mixed vegetables dressed with your choice of dressing.
• Canned chickpeas (rinsed, drained and mashed) combined with cumin, diced red onion, shredded carrots, low-fat sour cream. Spoon chickpea mixture into a soft tortilla shell and top with radish sprouts and chopped pitted green olives and serve along with baked pita chips.
• Black bean salad made with canned (rinsed and drained) black beans, chopped tomatoes, chopped walnuts, corn kernels, chopped fresh cilantro and rice vinegar served with warm rolls and whipped cream cheese spread
• Here is a super simple vegetarian lunch idea. Toast two slices of crusty bread and spread one side with mustard and the other with basil pesto. Layer the mustard side with thin slices of flavored baked tofu and top tofu with drained marinated artichoke hearts and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Place sandwich under a broiler or in a microwave until the cheese melts and then top with the other slice of bread. Serve sandwich with baked potato chips and carrot and celery sticks.
• Sauté some cubed tempeh with sliced mushrooms and broccoli tops until the vegetables are tender. Toss with a little tamari soy sauce and fresh squeezed lemon juice and serve over cooked udon noodles with a piece of fruit on the side.
• Try this easy tofu spread for lunch. Simply combine drained and mashed soft tofu with some of your favorite chutney, or salsa, or a mustard and mayonnaise combination. Serve this tofu spread on toasted English muffins and top with some flavor accents like capers, chopped walnut pieces, chopped, pitted black olives, or chopped fresh herbs. Add a slice of cheese on top if desired and place in a microwave or toaster oven just until the cheese melts. Serve sandwich with baked potato chips and a piece of fruit.
• Spread a soft tortilla shell with hummus and top with some drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced mushrooms, chopped red onion, shredded cabbage, and some shredded mozzarella cheese. Close the wrap and serve with a small bowl of seedless red grapes.
• Serve a quick potato salad made with cubed cooked potatoes mixed with sliced scallions, chopped fresh dill, cut up cooked vegetarian sausage links, and a combination of mustard and Greek style plain yogurt. Serve salad on salad greens with melon slices on the side.
• For a quick vegetarian lunch, dress up a simple store-bought vegetable soup with leftover cooked brown rice, canned beans, cooked pasta, or cubed cooked potatoes and top the soup with any combination of croutons, shredded cheese, sour cream, vegetarian bacon bits, or chopped fresh herbs and serve with warm bread sticks and a piece of fruit
Give these vegetarian lunches a try. They are quick and simple and make meal planning easy and delicious.
________________________________________________________ Related Links: